Gathering in the Gap is held at the Southwest Virginia Museum Historical State Park in Big Stone Gap, VA. Parking around the park is limited during the event. Attendees are encouraged to take advantage of the convenient shuttle bus service offered by Mountain Empire Older Citizens (MEOC). Service will be available from parking areas around Bullitt Park.
Shuttle Runs 10:30am to 10pm
All rides are free. If you have questions about the Shuttle Service, please call 276-523-1322.
All current COVID policies and procedures at the time of the event will be followed.
Gate 2 –
- Gate 2 is where the shuttle will drop off anyone riding to the event from Bullitt Park (designated attendee parking site).
- Anyone who pre-purchased tickets will need to report to Gate 2 in order to receive their wristbands.
- All musicians must report to Gate 2 upon arrival.
Gate 1 –
- Gate 1 is located nearest the craft and artisan vendors and is one of the locations where tickets can be purchased for the main stage event at any point throughout the festival.
Gate 3 –
Gate 3 is one of the locations where tickets for the main stage event can be purchased at any point during the festival.
Gate 4/Merch Tent –
Festival and Artist merchandise, as well as tickets for the main stage event, can be purchased at the merch tent throughout the entirety of the festival
Book Signing Ticket Gate –
Attendees who pre-register for the book signing with Adriana Trigiani will need to report to this ticket gate in order to sign in and receive their tickets. For more information visit this page.
Acoustic Arbor Stage –
For more information, visit this page.
Competition Stage –
This is where the instrument and songwriting competitions will be held. For more information, visit this page.
The “Gathering Place” Beer & Wine Garden –
- Offered by the Town of Big Stone Gap, Moon Dog Brick Oven and 7 Dogs Brewpub, the “Gathering Place” will have beer and wine available for purchase from 12pm – close.
- The area also features a stage and will have performances throughout the afternoon.
- For more information, please visit this site.
Food vendors – some vendors may take card, but all attendees are encouraged to bring cash.
Craft & Artisan Vendors – some vendors may take card, but all attendees are encouraged to bring cash.
Children’s Tent –
Various children’s activities will be available from 12pm – 4pm.
Pint-Sized Pickers –
- Provided by Mountain Empire Community College, this tent will be open from 12pm – 4pm and will offer many instruments (guitar, fiddle, banjo, etc) for all our pint-sized pickers to try their hand! They’ll even have instructors on site to assist!
The Southwest Virginia Museum –
The museum will be open from 10am – 5pm and there is no charge for admission the day of the festival.