The annual “Gathering in the Gap” Music Festival will take place on Saturday, May 25, 2024. All events will take place on the park’s grounds and surrounding blocks on Poplar Hill.
This year, the vendor area will be open from 11 a.m. until 7:30 p.m.
The application form must be submitted by March 31. Any applications received after this time may not be considered.
- Food Vendor applications are due by March 31, 2024. Any applications received after this time may not be considered. Applications can be submitted:
- via mail at P.O. Box 742, Big Stone Gap, VA 24219
- via email at email@example.com
- or by stopping by the park during regular business hours
- For the 2024 event all food vendors will pay a fee equivalent to 10% of their festival sales.
- All food vendors MUST apply to the Health Department for a temporary health permit to sell food at an event. Please contact the local health department.
- Food vendors must provide their own set-up, including: tent, tables, strip plugs, Number 12 (wiring size) heavy duty outdoor extension plugs, etc. Please contact museum staff to discuss size and power requirements.
- Vendors that need water will need to bring their own as there will be no access to potable water due to the increased size of the event.
- Vendor set-up must be completed between the hours of 12 p.m. and 8 p.m. on May 24 or between the hours of 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. on May 25. Please keep in mind that vendors are encouraged to set up during the Friday afternoon/evening slot. There will be one security member on site at all times, but the Friends of the Southwest Virginia Museum and the Southwest Virginia Museum Historical State Park will not be held responsible for any missing items. You will be allowed access to your space to unload supplies and equipment, after which you must park your vehicle in the designated parking area (which for vendors is the nearby Library parking lot).
- Food Vendors, although encouraged to stay throughout the entire event, cannot take-down prior to 7:30 p.m.
- Each food vendor will be given 2 armbands for their volunteers to use for free admission to the evening concert.
- Food items are for sale; please do not give away food, as it may hurt other vendors.
- The Music Festival Committee reserves the right to alter these guidelines to resolve any issues.
- Questions? Contact the park at 276-523-1322 or firstname.lastname@example.org.