The annual “Gathering in the Gap” Music Festival will take place on Saturday, May 25, 2024. All events will take place on the park’s grounds and surrounding blocks on Poplar Hill.
This year, the demonstrator/artisan vendor area will be open from 12 p.m. until 6 p.m.
The application form must be submitted by March 31. Any applications received after this time may not be considered.
- Food Vendor applications are due by March 31, 2024. Any applications received after this time may not be considered. Applications can be submitted:
- via mail at P.O. Box 742, Big Stone Gap, VA 24219
- via email at email@example.com
- or by stopping by the park during regular business hours
- Commercially made craft items may not be sold.
- Each vendor space is 10’ x 10’. If you require two spaces, please indicate on the attached form but remember that spaces are only available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Vendors must provide their own set-up, including tent, tables and chairs, and are expected to provide their own manpower; staff will not be available to assist in set-up and take-down. All items must fit the space allotted.
- Vendor set-up must be completed between the hours of 12 p.m. and 8 p.m. on May 24 or between the hours of 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. on May 25. Please keep in mind that vendors are encouraged to set up during the Friday afternoon/evening slot. There will be one security member on site at all times, but the Friends of the Southwest Virginia Museum and the Southwest Virginia Museum Historical State Park will not be held responsible for any missing items. You will be allowed access to your space to unload supplies and equipment, after which you must park your vehicle in the designated parking area (which for vendors is the nearby Library parking lot).
- Vendor take-down may begin at 6 p.m. and completed no later than 8 p.m. If you choose to leave earlier you will not be allowed to bring your vehicle to your spot due to safety concerns and consideration for the performers.
- Each artisan vendor will be given two armbands to use for free admission to the evening concert.
- The Music Festival Committee reserves the right to alter these guidelines to resolve any issues.
- Questions? Call 276-523-1322 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.